#1 2009-02-17 7:27 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Memorial Day ride to IA

I'm taking the three day weekend to ride down to Le Clair, IA or thereabouts. I'll NOT be making advanced plans for hotel, food, etc. I'll be posting a route soon. If anyone is interested in joining me, feel free to offer suggestions regarding route, and places to see. Somebody mentioned a motorcycle museum not far from Le Clair...

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#2 2009-02-17 8:14 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

Re: Memorial Day ride to IA

How long of a ride is it?  Time/distance?  If it is longer that the distance from Dairy Queen to State St I may have to bail.

Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!

#3 2009-03-03 9:55 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Re: Memorial Day ride to IA

I'm rethinking some of this ride....I'd like input from whomever actually was planning to join me. I remember a couple of you were interested, but there's a lot of talk in this here club.

1) Maybe moving the ride to later in the year. My brother, Dad and I did a Memorial Day weekend ride down to Illinois last year. It seems that typically Memorial Day weekend is either wet or cold, and occasionally both. While we were lucky that it stayed dry, the ride back up here on Monday was cold...I don't think it got above 40 that day. While I have neither cold weather nor wet weather gear and have no desire to spend the money on it at this point, I think sometime in the summer (maybe Labor Day weekend, but I've got vacation time so any weekend I can extend into a 3-day will do).

2) A straight shot to Le Clair, IA is approximately 5 hours (around 280 miles, I think). The trip to IL by slab is about the same amount of time. It took us 8-10 hours with a mixture of slabbing and twisties. I started to reconsider the destination, because I really wasn't looking for an ass-hauling ride to get somewhere only to turn around again right away.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
In advance, thanks for nothing. smile

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

Board footer