#1 2009-05-06 10:05 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Autobahn May 23-24

I signed up for Sunday only with Sport bike track time. It's the south course and from what I hear it's pretty decent. big_smile

$175 a day + $35 membership fee

Hopefully the first of a few this year.

#2 2009-05-07 6:35 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Re: Autobahn May 23-24

Autobahn was on my list of possibilities this year. Don't forget to report back, yah hey der (am I fitting in yet?)?

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#3 2009-05-25 5:11 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Was a good time. Novice is definitely below my pace but the afternoon sessions were same rules as intermediate ( six foot passing and ride at your own pace) so I had fun then. No real incidences and the only damage was to my pucks, toe sliders, pegs and some melted tires. big_smile
Can't wait for the next one.

#4 2009-05-25 6:18 PM

paulc
Administrator

crash06 wrote:

Was a good time. Novice is definitely below my pace but the afternoon sessions were same rules as intermediate ( six foot passing and ride at your own pace) so I had fun then. No real incidences and the only damage was to my pucks, toe sliders, pegs and some melted tires. big_smile

Ah yes, the birth of another addict!

Hope you picked up a few pointers in the morning sessions so it wasn't a total waste of time.

Glad they set you free in the afternoon so you could experience a few sessions at a faster pace.

Look forward to talking to you about your day.

#5 2009-05-25 10:38 PM

crash06
Paid Member

paulc wrote:
crash06 wrote:

Ah yes, the birth of another addict!

Hope you picked up a few pointers in the morning sessions so it wasn't a total waste of time.

Glad they set you free in the afternoon so you could experience a few sessions at a faster pace.

Look forward to talking to you about your day.

Definitely addicted! But unfortunately I didn't get anything from the class other then getting the chance to run a no brake session. The whole theory of their instruction is based off Keith Code's "Twist of the wrist II" which I have pretty much memorized over the passed month and unfortunately I wasn't able to really utilize any of that until I was set free and able to ride at my own pace and pick my own lines and so on. But all in all I'm glad I went through it just for the simple fact that I was able to learn all the proper track etiquette which made me not be a danger to myself or others.

#6 2009-05-25 10:52 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Overall I would really like to thank all of you that I have had the pleasure to ride with and get to know over the past year and I really have all of you to thank because if it wasn't for you all I would not be where I am today with my riding. Following you guy's has been the best instruction I could get and I really hope I can chase you around a track in the near future as well. smile

#7 2009-05-26 9:58 AM

Badfish

crash06 wrote:

Overall I would really like to thank all of you that I have had the pleasure to ride with and get to know over the past year and I really have all of you to thank because if it wasn't for you all I would not be where I am today with my riding. Following you guy's has been the best instruction I could get and I really hope I can chase you around a track in the near future as well. smile

Glad to hear you had fun!

Based on what I've seen this season so far, you'll be doing less 'chasing' than you think. Your riding is MUCH improved. smile

#8 2009-05-26 12:00 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Badfish wrote:

Based on what I've seen this season so far, you'll be doing less 'chasing' than you think. Your riding is MUCH improved. smile

+1, crash, you bastard. tongue

Last edited by Hind Tit (2009-05-26 12:18 PM)

#9 2009-05-26 10:42 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Badfish wrote:

Glad to hear you had fun!

Hind Tit wrote:

+1, crash, you bastard. tongue

Well thanks. smile

Like I said though I owe a lot of it to riding with all you fine people's.
And to anyone that cares I can honestly say that reading some of the high performance riding books out there is amazingly helpful both on and off the track. Just knowing how to over come the typical panic instincts really made a difference for me.

#10 2009-05-27 6:42 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

crash06 wrote:

And to anyone that cares I can honestly say that reading some of the high performance riding books out there is amazingly helpful both on and off the track. Just knowing how to over come the typical panic instincts really made a difference for me.

+1 about overcoming the panic. I suppose my new mentality isn't all that wise, but it beats target fixation and puckering up at the silliest things. Used to be anything would freak me out; an oncoming car, tar snake, gravel, chicken, etc.

After I skootched over the first tar snake, or felt the gravel pop under my tires the first time, or avoided driving off an embankment by snapping out of my target fixation, somehow I got used to it. Now, it's like I'm high or drunk or something. It feels like my reaction time is slower (?) but I don't think so...it's more of an inner voice saying, very calmly, "Oh, gee, gravel. Well, find a line, look ahead, panic not. You'll probably survive if it gets ugly, thanks to all this padding, leather, and armor, so let's get through it and see what happens." Probably not good thinking for everybody, but so far it's working for me.

After last weekend's ride, however, I have to add aluminum strips to my list of things to not fixate on. I guess it's cuz it was shiny...bet not many people have seen a motorcycle turn in a wide arc like a semi.

Hey crash, you're right about the books too. Practicecrasher handed me about six books of his...and I bought a couple more.

Board footer