#1 2009-09-20 4:29 PM

paulc
Administrator

Club Ride 9/20/09

Thanks for leading today, D.

Gave this old boy (and the other old guy on the Aprilla sport tourer) a chance to cruise.
Actually looked around a few times, noticed a couple of things.

Good route. Even the detour was interesting in a "holy shit that hill is covered with gravel" kinda way.

And now that you've experience the joys of leading, I'm sure you can't wait to do it again, right?

#2 2009-09-20 5:12 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Re: Club Ride 9/20/09

:banghead:

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#3 2009-09-20 7:59 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

It's nice to be just one of the gang from time to time.  One of the best rides of the year for me.

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride could do.

#4 2009-09-21 7:17 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

A conundrum: To just lead and make up a route along the way or to pre-plan and write out a route to share.

No route: I know D to the north; CC, Q to the south; 95 of course. But how to get to them? Not so much. I fear there would be much u-turning and ramrod straight flat roads. Not to mention the tearing of the hair of the fast bastards having to follow me. Looking at this area on a map, as it turns out, doesn't necessarily mean the road is going to be a good one...as the season draws near I'm finding myself more and more dissatisfied with the conditions of some of the roads. It's one thing to slow down for excessive gravel in a turn, but to come out of it on the gas and dodge 4 inch deep, sandy potholes is fairly bullshit.

Pre-planned route: Again, not so much with the fun road knowledge, but at least everyone can blast ahead as they wish. Hell, I expect it. Only downside for me is that 100% of my concentration is still in the riding, not so much with the directions (though I suspect more leading makes for more comfort). One or the other tends to suffer; I prefer to keep the greater importance on not crashing. So me leading means much u-turning and frequent consultation with people who know where the hell we are.

Here come de rant:

You other fast bastards ought to nut up and lead once in a while. Just because we have "officers" doesn't mean they automatically HAVE to lead. It's making for some fairly crabby figureheads. No one likes crabby head.

And you other hooligans who ride with us frequently but don't fork over the lousy 25 bucks: Guess who gets my vote to lead...

/rant

Any day of riding imo is a GREAT day, whether we cruise at a snail's pace or you all wait for me at intersections (as I continue to cruise at a snail's pace). Just don't make me go straight too long, or I'll have to buy one of those "old people" bikes. tongue ...does anyone else's toes fall asleep or is that just me?

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

Board footer