#1 2011-02-12 8:50 PM

Gweenz

Hello!

I didn't see a specific forum for introductions so I'll put it here.  My name is Chris, and I've lived in Eau Claire most of my life.  A couple years back I was bit by the motorcycle bug.  In fact it crawled up there and won't get out.  I've always been interested in motorcycles, my brother has owned at least a dozen and worked for a merchandiser than sold at bike rallies for 15 years, so I've always been around them.  A couple years back I decided to finally get my own, and after months of shopping I had the bike I wanted, my 1988 Honda Hawk GT.  To say it's made an impact on my life would be an understatement.  Even though I've only been into motorcycles for a couple years I tend to go all out (read: obsess)  about things so I have learned a lot about everything 2 wheel.  I even have my own project, a 1975 Honda cb360 I am rebuilding.

After riding around on my temps for 2 years (don't laugh) I am ready this year to take the MSF course.  I was glad to find this site because I like my friends, but nobody I know is into motorcycles and it would be nice to meet some people and get into some conversations that aren't about mortgages and golf handicaps.  I HATE golf.

Anyway, I look forward to getting together with some of you for rides in the spring.  You'll find it's next to impossible to get me out of the house in the winter due to my boycotting the season altogether, but I might be able to be talked into getting a jar at Clancy's or a cheap tap at the Joynt.  Just no Mogensen establishments please, I worked for them and refuse to give them any of their money back.

Here are a couple pics of my bikes.  Nice to meet y'all.

055.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

The third bike in the pic is my brother's S1 I am storing for him.

Think big.  Talk small.  Do nothing.

#2 2011-02-14 8:39 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

Re: Hello!

Nice Hawk!!! See you this summer,

Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!

#3 2011-02-14 4:50 PM

doliv116
Paid Member

Nice bike.

#4 2011-02-16 8:19 AM

Gweenz

Thanks guys.  I had to drive all the way to freaking Escanaba to get it and trailer it back, but I think I can say I have the only Hawk in town.

The weather these last couple days has been such a tease.  I've been out in the garage working on the project but I know we still have some terrible weather ahead of us.

#5 2011-02-16 10:50 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

Gweenz wrote:

Thanks guys.  I had to drive all the way to freaking Escanaba to get it and trailer it back, but I think I can say I have the only Hawk in town.

The weather these last couple days has been such a tease.  I've been out in the garage working on the project but I know we still have some terrible weather ahead of us.

I'm not sure if you have the only Hawk in town but I bet its one of the cleanest.  I've heard alot of guys like to race them back in the day.  Yeah i hear ya, Im actually looking forward to when it gets colder for a bit so I can take the 50 out with my new ice tires.  This thaw should make the lakes really smooth once it freezes again.

Last edited by eprissel (2011-02-16 10:51 AM)

Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!

#6 2011-02-16 11:09 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

That's a sweet looking bike. If I didn't know any better (and I don't), I would've guessed that was WAY newer than '88. Doesn't look very dated imo.

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#7 2011-02-17 10:29 PM

Gweenz

Hind Tit wrote:

That's a sweet looking bike. If I didn't know any better (and I don't), I would've guessed that was WAY newer than '88. Doesn't look very dated imo.

That's what everyone says smile  A couple months ago the guy who was installing my furnace couldn't get over how modern it looked.  He didn't even comment on the Buell S1 sitting in front of it.

Some people still do race them though it's mostly for nostalgia's sake.  They're super light and handle great with some mods, but they are pretty weak.  The sv650 has taken it's place because they are cheaper, more plentiful, and more powerful....but not anywhere near as classy.

I saw a guy riding a PC800 today, gave him the thumbs up.  Crazy bastard.

Board footer