#1 2011-02-24 8:19 PM

crash06
Paid Member

PowderKeg Racing

Just thought I'd share that a friend of mine and myself have started a small machining company and we are currently making smog block off plates and also have some other motorcycle parts in the works. Nothing special yet but if anyone needs or wants something made let me know.

Our website is www.powderkegracing.com

Thanks,
Jake

#2 2011-02-25 8:15 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

Re: PowderKeg Racing

Congrats Jake, good luck on the new business.  you should post up on MNSBR.com in the vendor section, might get you some more business.

Last edited by eprissel (2011-02-25 8:17 AM)

Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!

#3 2011-03-02 1:43 PM

crash06
Paid Member

eprissel wrote:

Congrats Jake, good luck on the new business.  you should post up on MNSBR.com in the vendor section, might get you some more business.

Well thank you for the kind words sir and I may just do that.

#4 2011-03-03 8:24 PM

Gweenz

Congratulations on your business!  I might have a little easy work for you on my cb360.  I'm thinking of replacing the stock battery and box with something smaller so I can fit pod filters in, as well as a block off plug for the starter motor I plan on removing.  Something similar to this (different bike but same idea):

BatteryBox2.gif

I will be in touch when this freaking weather allows me to work in my garage.

Think big.  Talk small.  Do nothing.

#5 2011-03-04 9:33 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

I may also have a project for you as well.  I need a swingarm/mounting bracket built to install my new motor in a scooter I am building.  Is this something you guys would be able to do?

#6 2011-03-07 10:58 AM

crash06
Paid Member

As much as I would like to help one off parts would be pretty expensive. I can take a look at what you need and if it is something we can do manually with out having to write a program then it would be relatively cheap but if it needs to be blue printed and programed there is just so much time involved and if its a one off part that has no marketability then it would be spendy. 

Fortunately but unfortunately work has picked up dramatically and completely unexpectedly so a lot of the little stuff that we want to do is being put on the back burner until we can get another machine.

#7 2011-03-07 4:28 PM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

crash06 wrote:

As much as I would like to help one off parts would be pretty expensive. I can take a look at what you need and if it is something we can do manually with out having to write a program then it would be relatively cheap but if it needs to be blue printed and programed there is just so much time involved and if its a one off part that has no marketability then it would be spendy. 

Fortunately but unfortunately work has picked up dramatically and completely unexpectedly so a lot of the little stuff that we want to do is being put on the back burner until we can get another machine.

Not a problem, figured I would ask, good luck and congrats on staying busy.

Board footer