#1 2008-08-10 5:14 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Laguna Feedback

I'd like to get some feedback regarding the Laguan ride/party while it's still fresh in everyone's minds.  If there was something you particularly enjoyed, let me know.  If there was something you did NOT particularly enjoy, let me know.  If you have any suggestions regarding what would have made the event more enjoyable to you, let me know. 

Please PM me if you'd rather not voice your opinion publicly.

I'm not looking for jokes or for anyone to pat me on the back.  What I'd like is some constructive criticism of the event and then I and the rest of the officers can attempt to make it more fun in the coming years.

Thank you in advance for your help.

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride could do.

#2 2008-08-10 8:10 PM

aaron
Internets Guy
Website

Re: Laguna Feedback

The only thing I kind of disliked was the band. No offense to their skills or anything but honestly a group of people who spend their time blasting around corners at breakneck speed don't really listen to country music while they do it. I could be wrong but it seems my sentiment was shared by a lot of others.

That said it was fun, just need to recruit more members (and lots of hot female members) and keep the fun going!

Edit: oh yeah, the next party needs more kramer

#3 2008-08-10 8:21 PM

crash06
Paid Member

I'm going to whine like a girl and say that I would have liked to know that it was not a "speed limit ride". Not that there was anything wrong with the type of ride we had but I myself was not as prepared as I like to be and would have been knowing that it was pretty much a Sunday ride.
From what I heard after the ride from some veteran members is that that is pretty much the norm so I will take half responsibility for not inquiring before hand.

Otherwise it was a great time.

#4 2008-08-11 1:59 AM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Thanks for the feedback so far.  I look forward to more.

To address Crash's concern about the pace not being what he expected, I'll give you my definition of a speed-limit ride.  The pace on a speed-limit ride does not differ all that much from a normal Sunday ride.  The only difference is that instead of speeding up to make the 30 and 35 mph turns fun, I just stayed at our cruising speed of roughly 70 mph or whatever 5,000 rpms in 6th gear is on my bike(my speedo stopped working last weekend.....wonder why).  That was the rule, but there were a few exceptions. 

As for the slower speed corners, if I didn't exceed 70 going in, I went through them at my typical Sunday ride pace.  Oftentimes, we were crusing at 4,500 rpms in an effort to keep the group closer together and avoid someone trying to "catch up" and getting into trouble.  This was my aim.  Thanks to your comment, I will reassess what a speed-limit ride should be. 

At the very least, I should have done a better job of letting everyone know what my idea of a speed-limit ride is.  Like you said, then you would have been in a different mindset and more prepared.  I apologize and thanks again, Jake for your comments.  It is exactly what I was looking for.

As for you, Aaron, I'm with you that the band was not really my thing.  The club didn't pay for it, but maybe next year we could kick in some cash and get a band more people would enjoy.  To be honest, once I started climbing the walls, they were really just background noise. 

More Kramer and shots would also have been a good thing.

Again, thanks for the comments, guys, and keep them coming.

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride could do.

#5 2008-08-11 7:33 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

I thought for the most part the night was pretty fun, and breakfast the next morning was a blast...my guts still hurt from laughing.  The only rule the I think should be enforced to the fullest next year and the Champ and I already talked about...NO SWEATPANTS!!!  Thanks again to everyone who cooked the pig, it was delish!  Can't wait till next year!!!

Last edited by eprissel (2008-08-11 8:00 AM)

Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!

#6 2008-08-11 11:04 AM

practicecrasher
Paid Member

aaron wrote:

The only thing I kind of disliked was the band. No offense to their skills or anything but honestly a group of people who spend their time blasting around corners at breakneck speed don't really listen to country music while they do it. I could be wrong but it seems my sentiment was shared by a lot of others.

That said it was fun, just need to recruit more members (and lots of hot female members) and keep the fun going!

Edit: oh yeah, the next party needs more kramer

++++1....more Kramer

Life is all butterflies n rainbows!

I don't want to be faster than you...I want to be faster than me

#7 2008-08-11 11:05 AM

practicecrasher
Paid Member

crash06 wrote:

I'm going to whine like a girl and say that I would have liked to know that it was not a "speed limit ride". Not that there was anything wrong with the type of ride we had but I myself was not as prepared as I like to be and would have been knowing that it was pretty much a Sunday ride.
From what I heard after the ride from some veteran members is that that is pretty much the norm so I will take half responsibility for not inquiring before hand.

Otherwise it was a great time.

Ahhhh...the greatness of disclaimers for liability reasons!  big_smile

#8 2008-08-12 9:06 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

No more band. It was nice out this year and we were outside for the most part. Also, I flee from both kinds of music and classic rock. Too much of it around here as it is. I know we had nothing to do with the choice, but I recall a number of us were for no band at all. I say, if forced to have a band in the future? Punk/Ska. But that's just my poor opinion.

A suggestion had come up regarding a new end point/party place closer to home. I realize this opens a different can of worms as far as cost and logistics, but maybe with some extra research, we could pull this off. At the least it'd save us the room cost (yes, I know this is still cheaper than a DUI). Maybe a VFW? A field somewhere?

Another point was raised by someone that holding the event earlier in the year might bring in a bigger draw. Granted we didn't actually have Summer weather here till the actual Solstice...

I do think the fact that we took care of our own chow saved the club a good chunk of change with minimal waste. I don't know the actual numbers compared to last year, but I thought this year's quantity of food might have been more in proportion (even if the pig man hadn't given us that <sarcasm>whopping</sarcasm> discount).

When it says "No Exceptions" regarding gear, there should be no exceptions. It's not that hard to scrounge up anything that at least covers bare skin, even if you look like a dork. It boils down to how much you'd like to participate in the actual ride. My suggestion for changes to the bullet points on the flyer would be "Jeans, sturdy long-sleeve jacket, sturdy boots (over the ankle?), any full-fingered gloves, motorcycle helmet." Apparently, we need to specify the obvious. It's this simple. If you're not willing to wear some form of ALL the protective gear for a SINGLE, TWO-HOUR ride out of your life, we're not willing to ride with you. It's not snobby, it's common sense. And we aren't particularly thrilled with scraping you up off the pavement because you decide not to do the most you can to walk away from an incident unscathed. We'd still do it of course, but you can imagine that thereafter you wouldn't be regarded with much kindness.

To the officers, most people don't realize how much time out of your own lives that it takes to get an event of this size put together, purely on a volunteer basis. But I know you do it because of your love of riding and your willingness to expose others to it (and nothing to do with mass quantities of beer and pork afterward). Again, I had a great time and I'm sure most would agree.

Seriousness aside, we needed a lot more Kramer, Madscout, SVBrad, 675Matt, xb12ss, and assorted other members. Jeez, how much advanced notice do you need, anyway?

Less scrotum. You two know who you are.

And WAY less of 9manchu's magic prize-gathering mojo. Damn you, I dropped many tickets in for that jacket! You couldn't just be happy with a tire or any of the other swag you got? wink

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#9 2008-08-12 9:26 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

I also vote less scrotum...and less rubber wiener...

#10 2008-08-12 9:52 AM

practicecrasher
Paid Member

eprissel wrote:

If I remember correctly...u were responsible for the rubber wiener...were u not?
Although...your woman was fantacular in her handling of it! :shlick:

Last edited by practicecrasher (2008-08-12 9:54 AM)

#11 2008-08-12 10:05 AM

AChavez929

eprissel wrote:

I think Erik your girlfriend would beg to differ on the above statement and say something to the affect "MORE rubber weiners"!!! :-) It's amazing what a little liquor can bring out of a 21 year old girl surrounded by a bunch of guys with a rubber dildo!! ha ha

#12 2008-08-12 10:16 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

The above mentioned gf has now been banded from any CVSC functions held in the future...I am unaware of the content of such conversations held at the party and am not sure if I want to be. big_smile

Last edited by eprissel (2008-08-12 10:17 AM)

#13 2008-08-12 10:18 AM

madscout636
Paid Member

MxMech wrote:

Seriousness aside, we needed a lot more Kramer, Madscout, SVBrad, 675Matt, xb12ss, and assorted other members. Jeez, how much advanced notice do you need, anyway?

My dad and I were @ Road America @ the ALMS on saturday.  way cooler than a ride and party, imho.  not saying i didn't want to be there. but a sweet car(yes i said car) race out weighed it this time. tongue

Houdini Finger.

#14 2008-08-12 10:25 AM

AChavez929

As far as the event.  I thought it was pretty nice all the way around...some improvements could be...

maybe a couple events i.e.

Drunken burnout competition... (win the free tire for the best burnout!! disclaimer; not club's responsibility if you can't ride home after contest or need new tire after burnout if you do not win free tire)

Have some more drinking games outside (weather permitting to keep people their longer) it seemed like if people were not staying later they left right away.

Maybe before the ride we could have a tool kit for those "classic collector" bikes that may need a couple bolts tightened, Tommy almost lost his head out there and I almost hit the clamp at oh...80mph...

I know everyone is concerned about wearing gear on the ride, but who really got injured after the ride??? Maybe we need to rethink how long the gear needs to be worn...(ok jokes not needed I know)

Also maybe there should be clearer guidelines for the event as well...those that want to ride....without paying for one thing or another do not get to share in the festivites or if so it's $10 for the event which includes food and drinks...or maybe just $5 for the beer and entertainment...trying to avoid another...so to say episode (Brad ;-)

The idea of a closer location too...I think if it were at an endpoint closer to the cities as well that more riders from there would come too??? Just an idea. 

I'm trying to think of any constructive criticism...

Maybe a bike wash after the ride, rule though, DDP can not wash his bike in a thong or speedo! Ok not to mention any male riders all together...I just had some really bad images!!

Wet T-shirt contest...umbrella girls... (hey we are trying to get more riders) for the ladies um...how about Lowell will wash your bike (sober) so there is no more spider pig episodes beforehand...

That's all I have for now...

#15 2008-08-12 10:41 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

AChavez929 wrote:

As far as the event.  I thought it was pretty nice all the way around...some improvements could be...

maybe a couple events i.e.

Drunken burnout competition... (win the free tire for the best burnout!! disclaimer; not club's responsibility if you can't ride home after contest or need new tire after burnout if you do not win free tire)

Have some more drinking games outside (weather permitting to keep people their longer) it seemed like if people were not staying later they left right away.

Maybe before the ride we could have a tool kit for those "classic collector" bikes that may need a couple bolts tightened, Tommy almost lost his head out there and I almost hit the clamp at oh...80mph...

I know everyone is concerned about wearing gear on the ride, but who really got injured after the ride??? Maybe we need to rethink how long the gear needs to be worn...(ok jokes not needed I know)

Also maybe there should be clearer guidelines for the event as well...those that want to ride....without paying for one thing or another do not get to share in the festivites or if so it's $10 for the event which includes food and drinks...or maybe just $5 for the beer and entertainment...trying to avoid another...so to say episode (Brad ;-)

The idea of a closer location too...I think if it were at an endpoint closer to the cities as well that more riders from there would come too??? Just an idea. 

I'm trying to think of any constructive criticism...

Maybe a bike wash after the ride, rule though, DDP can not wash his bike in a thong or speedo! Ok not to mention any male riders all together...I just had some really bad images!!

Wet T-shirt contest...umbrella girls... (hey we are trying to get more riders) for the ladies um...how about Lowell will wash your bike (sober) so there is no more spider pig episodes beforehand...

That's all I have for now...

I like Alan's idea...
bikewashgirl.jpg

#16 2008-08-12 10:52 AM

AChavez929

eprissel wrote:

The above mentioned gf has now been banded from any CVSC functions held in the future...I am unaware of the content of such conversations held at the party and am not sure if I want to be. big_smile

I don't think it was the conversations but TRULY the demonstrations performed so WELL, with the above stated rubber item on the bar that got everyone's attention more than once ;-0 Mad skills, mad skills, lucky man

#17 2008-08-12 11:10 AM

practicecrasher
Paid Member

eprissel wrote:

I wish you could see my eyes lookin into yours right now....glug

#18 2008-08-12 11:34 AM

AChavez929

practicecrasher wrote:
eprissel wrote:

I wish you could see my eyes lookin into yours right now....glug

Very Nice...all those talents in one lady...(she totally tried to play the innocent card the next morning) what a little angel...:angel: but at night...:3some:

All good EC/Osseo stories

Last edited by AChavez929 (2008-08-12 11:36 AM)

#19 2008-08-12 11:36 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

...and I watch as the intent of this thread flies right out the window...you penis-obsessed douchebags.

Last edited by MxMech (2008-08-12 11:36 AM)

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#20 2008-08-12 11:41 AM

AChavez929

MxMech wrote:

...and I watch as the intent of this thread flies right out the window...you penis-obsessed douchebags.

Back to the topic then...

How about more sex toys...that seemed to entertain more than one person...

Maybe an earlier ride and a lunch at a park near a lake/river where everyone can play volleyball, horseshoes, and we can save some money by grilling out.  It should make for some better pic's than in a parking lot what was in complete chaos for any type of group pic...

It would be great to get more pictures that is for sure....

Also is there pic's from back in the day that we could all see, almost like a memory book of club rides, the old motorcycles we all used to have...that would be cool to point out and laugh at...

I will keep brainstorming.

#21 2008-08-12 11:56 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

MxMech wrote:

Boioioioinnnnnggggg...

#22 2008-08-12 6:08 PM

aaron
Internets Guy
Website

I agree somewhat on the money thing. I had a couple friends who were going to come but decided against it basically because they didn't want to pay to get in. Sucks, they just got bikes and i'm trying to get them to join next year.

#23 2008-08-12 8:02 PM

9manchu

aaron wrote:

decided against it basically because they didn't want to pay to get in

It's my understanding this is a fund raiser for the club.  Were they objecting to how much they had to pay? I know we are all probably at different points in our lives financially but $20 for; awsome food, beer that never ran out (at least while I was there,) and a couple of chances to win some really nice prizes seems reasonable to me. I know I know "easy for me to say" on that last point.

#24 2008-08-12 8:06 PM

aaron
Internets Guy
Website

To me, the money was no concern. They were planning to come down for 3 hours or so, had never met any club members or anything, so you can understand how they didn't want to spend the cash. I suppose there really was nothing stopping them from coming down and buying their own drinks and etc.

#25 2008-08-12 8:20 PM

AChavez929

9manchu wrote:
aaron wrote:

decided against it basically because they didn't want to pay to get in

It's my understanding this is a fund raiser for the club.  Were they objecting to how much they had to pay? I know we are all probably at different points in our lives financially but $20 for; awsome food, beer that never ran out (at least while I was there,) and a couple of chances to win some really nice prizes seems reasonable to me. I know I know "easy for me to say" on that last point.

I want to say it was fun riding with you as well, I'm learning everything all over again!! I do remember being in college and $20 was a lot of money, at least a whole weekend of drinking...maybe there can be a college discount for riders...just an idea, because money can mean totally different things to two different people on two wheels.

Board footer