#26 2009-01-05 7:29 PM

Turd Furgesson
Website

Re: barber in march?

madscout636 wrote:

booyah.  this should be a fun trip!  Turd, are going to come?

It's not looking good at this point. My brothers wedding on the east coast coming up. Saving pennies. But who knows?

I love the smell of strontium-90 in the morning. Smells like...*brief lifespan

#27 2009-01-05 8:01 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

jray wrote:

cant go now that new years happened...damned rehabilitation sad

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-NS1XIjllc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-NS1XIjllc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride could do.

#28 2009-01-05 11:55 PM

jray

pretty much

I have the sickness...

Gayest quote in forum history LOL
"More wiener please"----milageguy

#29 2009-01-06 1:06 PM

Kramer
Paid Member

aaron wrote:

Just make sure you guys take a bunch of photos!

Thats what she said !!!!!!!!

I think, therefore, I go Fast...

#30 2009-03-10 7:35 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Not sure if you stalwart road warriors have left yet...just wanted to say a couple of things..

1) Suck it.
2) Use the rubber side only.
3) Suck it.
4) Take many pictures.
5) If anybody has a six hole gas cap (Triumph) and would like to use my camera and mount, you're welcome to it. Takes all of a few minutes to explain and I have all the stuff you need to record someone else's posterior...oh that's right, you won't be behind anyone.
6) Hope it's a blast and suck it.

smile

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#31 2009-03-10 7:37 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Oh yeah. Paul? Excellent choice. wink

#32 2009-03-10 8:29 AM

madscout636
Paid Member

Bringin the rain gear.  she's gonna be wet...

Houdini Finger.

#33 2009-03-10 9:13 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

madscout636 wrote:

I thought we liked em that way?  oh wait...nevermind...

Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!

#34 2009-03-10 9:57 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

eprissel wrote:
madscout636 wrote:

I thought we liked em that way?

Not when your rubber slips out from under you. Bad, yes. I couldn't help it. Call it Tourette's.

#35 2009-03-10 11:35 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

Hind Tit wrote:
eprissel wrote:
madscout636 wrote:

I thought we liked em that way?

Not when your rubber slips out from under you. Bad, yes. I couldn't help it. Call it Tourette's.

Haha!

#36 2009-03-10 12:39 PM

9manchu

Hind Tit wrote:

So that's what one calls it.  I usually just say, "aw shit not again."

Do you think a 50 gallon hefty bag will pass tech?  I plan on sinching it down with some twine.

#37 2009-03-10 12:43 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Dunt dunt daaaah! ZIP TIES! Maybe you'll find a licensed mechanic down there. Watch out for banjo players in trees.

#38 2009-03-10 2:20 PM

practicecrasher
Paid Member

I have a bubble wrap outfit that might work for ya, 9men.  Probably not the most flattering aerodynamically speaking though.

Life is all butterflies n rainbows!

I don't want to be faster than you...I want to be faster than me

#39 2009-03-10 2:58 PM

Rand McNally

practicecrasher wrote:

I have a bubble wrap outfit that might work for ya, 9men.  Probably not the most flattering aerodynamically speaking though.

You still have it?  If I had a scanner that picture would be on here.

Vote for Pedro!

#40 2009-03-10 4:14 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Rand McNally wrote:
practicecrasher wrote:

Oh God, don't tell me that was all he had on...

#41 2009-03-10 7:41 PM

practicecrasher
Paid Member

Hind Tit wrote:
Rand McNally wrote:
practicecrasher wrote:

Oh God, don't tell me that was all he had on...

'Deed I do...wait, think I finally threw it out 3 months ago when I was cleanin house.  Would have been great if you crashed with it on!

Life is all butterflies n rainbows!

I don't want to be faster than you...I want to be faster than me

#42 2009-03-16 10:31 AM

paulc
Administrator

Just got back (8:30 Monday). Good time had by all ( I hope).

Rode all 7 sessions Saturday in the rain. VERY STEEP learning curve! Mistakes severely punished. Remember, I was doing this a totally new bike to me that had I never even ridden on the street. VERY intimidating.

Rode through one big tank slapper at the exit of turn 10. Would like to think I did something to save it, but I'm sure the reality was it was just luck that intervened on my behalf.

Ended up going through the grass on the outside the corner to a paved pad where I got things collected and went on. This is the only corner on the track to have pavement runoff rather than gravel, so anywhere else I would have went down. Again LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY!!!

As the day went on this became a "favorite " place to crash as people lost the rear end under acceleration. Needless to say from that point on I tried a different strategy through that corner.

Sunday started out with a wet track for first 2 sessions (rain had stopped by 6:00 am). from that point on the track gradually dried out and we were able to get up to speed. By then there was a lot of pent up energy and each session was full of riders ready to really go for it and take no prisoners. So they started creating new places to crash like turn 1, 3, 8 and 12. Lot of red flags!

But in between the red flags, Barber was a blast. Fast, but not too fast and extremely challenging with no two corners alike. Tons of elevation change in, out and through corners with some great flowing corner combinations. Lot and lots of fun!

Now that we're back, I want to go again. It's only the 16-17 hour drive that holds me back.
But, bottom line is, I hope I find my way back to ride this track again someday.

#43 2009-03-16 12:34 PM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

paulc wrote:

Just got back (8:30 Monday). Good time had by all ( I hope).

Rode all 7 sessions Saturday in the rain. VERY STEEP learning curve! Mistakes severely punished. Remember, I was doing this a totally new bike to me that had I never even ridden on the street. VERY intimidating.

Rode through one big tank slapper at the exit of turn 10. Would like to think I did something to save it, but I'm sure the reality was it was just luck that intervened on my behalf.

Ended up going through the grass on the outside the corner to a paved pad where I got things collected and went on. This is the only corner on the track to have pavement runoff rather than gravel, so anywhere else I would have went down. Again LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY!!!

As the day went on this became a "favorite " place to crash as people lost the rear end under acceleration. Needless to say from that point on I tried a different strategy through that corner.

Sunday started out with a wet track for first 2 sessions (rain had stopped by 6:00 am). from that point on the track gradually dried out and we were able to get up to speed. By then there was a lot of pent up energy and each session was full of riders ready to really go for it and take no prisoners. So they started creating new places to crash like turn 1, 3, 8 and 12. Lot of red flags!

But in between the red flags, Barber was a blast. Fast, but not too fast and extremely challenging with no two corners alike. Tons of elevation change in, out and through corners with some great flowing corner combinations. Lot and lots of fun!

Now that we're back, I want to go again. It's only the 16-17 hour drive that holds me back.
But, bottom line is, I hope I find my way back to ride this track again someday.

sounds like it was a blast.

#44 2009-03-16 12:47 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

HA HA HA! Bonch! You're torturing the easily amused you know.

#45 2009-03-16 1:24 PM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

Hind Tit wrote:

HA HA HA! Bonch! You're torturing the easily amused you know.

Of course I know this!

#46 2009-03-17 7:52 AM

9manchu

Champ was correct turn 8 will test your front end...I failed, twice. roll  I took a small measure of comfort in the fact that there were alot better riders than me going down there as well.   Not only was the track world class the rest of the facilities were as well; and if you're into history the museum itself was worth the trip.  Like paulc, I would love to go back.

#47 2009-03-17 8:00 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

Sounds like the club may need to buy some stock in zip ties this year...but seriously, glad to hear everyone made it home ok.

#48 2009-03-18 8:51 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

I was at Sport Rider yesterday, checking out some great pics from the museum. Thanks for thinking of me, Paul. LOVE the Vincent. So...uh...when's it going to arrive here? big_smile

Last edited by Hind Tit (2009-03-18 3:42 PM)

#49 2009-03-18 5:46 PM

paulc
Administrator

Hind Tit wrote:

I was at Sport Rider yesterday, checking out some great pics from the museum. Thanks for thinking of me, Paul. LOVE the Vincent. So...uh...when's it going to arrive here? big_smile

We had the deal all worked out, but then the crashing started and we pretty much had to blow the entire budget on zip ties, duck tape and JB weld. Maybe we can work something out next time. Sorry!

Board footer