Matt

Re: Thursday, 7/23

31842280.th.jpg

#29 2009-07-23 3:18 PM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

that actually doesnt look too bad, yeah lots of plastic damage but did anything get bent?

Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!

#30 2009-07-23 3:26 PM

Matt

Nope not at all. Everything mechanically was fine which really surprised me. All cosmetic damage.

Motor, forks, frame, swingarm, radiator, everything was like new. Just the left side plastics were all rashed up, along with the left side of the tail plastic. And obviously the front end plastics are gone. Even the headlights and gauge cluster are fine.

All I need to get it back to new is...

Fairing stay
Front and left side plastics and tail plastic.
The airbox covor has some scratches but not broken. The gas tank was barely touched at all. TINY little rash about the size of a penny but small enough to where it will probably buff out.
And the shifter is bent down but the bike still shifted fine.

Even the left side barend didn't get scratched which is weird.

All in all.........I'm dissapointed, and happy at the same time.

Most of the stuff I need I will probably find online.

#31 2009-07-23 3:44 PM

Matt

Sorry but I couldn't help myself. This ones for Hindtit. lol

43845841.jpg

#32 2009-07-23 3:47 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Don't feel too bad buddy, I broke down in Hixton so I ended up holding back the crew again. But glad your o.k.  Mine is just electrical so it should be back up this weekend. Take care. big_smile

#33 2009-07-23 4:23 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

1) I'm surprised I show up in photographs...but that would be because I try NOT TO BE IN THEM.

2) Matt, I KNOW you got home, so hold on a sec.

3) crash, glad nobody found bleached bones and a cacked R1 near Hixton. That was a smelly place to have to wait...and I hope the farmers at least had ice cold lemonade for you as SnowMan said.

4) Back to you, Matt. I hardly have enough years of riding to dispense advice, unlike the other members of this motley crew. Having said that, I've done my fair share of "learning." I think I might find agreement from others when I say, BAD REAR BRAKE. BAD. Now, if you're upright and straight, and yer behaving like a jackass and going to ram the backside of a Honda Civic....I say let that rear brake have some. Not that I've done that before. It was someone else.

5) I realize everyone knows about target fixation. When I've screwed up, my brain is a one-track idiot....oh look at that grass I'm heading toward. It's got to be about the toughest battle of synapses ever to fight against looking at the ditch, but I find SCREAMING in my head, "EYES THROUGH THE TURN EYES THROUGH THE TURN!" sometimes, I think that is just enough to stay on the road. I'm not saying that was your issue, only you know what you did, but it's something to think about.

6) I don't know how long you've been riding, so consider the source of this advice...you know...the source who was behind you, with the apparently sore female anatomy (thanks, Champ...way to call on the whining).

7) Always, always, ride your own pace. I KNOW that's good advice.

Glad you're okay. Hope you'll come back once you've emptied your wallet. Hell, as Champ said, a good flashlight duct taped to the front and you could be riding tomorrow. tongue

Last edited by Hind Tit (2009-07-23 6:29 PM)

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#34 2009-07-23 8:23 PM

Matt

I've been riding 7 years. This is my 3rd bike. My second crash. I've put on a total of about 50,000 miles on bikes. Most of those miles were twisties. I love twisties. I take them often. I've had 3 rides with mileage guy and never had a huge problem keeping up.

This was totally an idiotic crash. I didn't even realize it till later in the day that......"WOW........Now that I think of it I was on the rear fuckin brake and THAT'S why my ass end was sliding around. And that was the main reason for the crash. I knew in my head when it was happening that I need to let off the brake and just lean into it as best as I can. But for some reason whether it was because of the shock of disbeleif of what I was dredding to happen.........or what.........I just stayed on the damn brakes and I don't know why. I've come into corners plenty of times TOO HOT and corrected it with no issues. I think part of what might have freaked me out other than knowing I was coming into the corner too hot was the fact that there was some sand on the road.........and I was a little afraid of actually saying "FUCK IT" and leaning the bike over cause I knew then that I would crash. Where as if I just hammered on the front and rear brake I might beable to stop before going into the ditch.

It was like a complete noob, airhead, retarded thing I did.

But I'm not going to sweat it. I'm not going to be pissed off or have a bad attitude about it.

I fucked up and that's that. Live and learn.

I'll get the bike fixed and be back in the saddle in no time.

I'm thankful for my health, my gear, and for good people as yourselfs who don't leave a fallen man behind.

The fact that the bike is mechanically excellent is just a big bonus.

Last edited by Matt (2009-07-23 8:27 PM)

#35 2009-07-23 8:37 PM

SnowMan47
Website

Good to hear it will be ok, ill drink to a speedy recovery.

All the dude ever wanted was his rug back...

#36 2009-07-23 9:05 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Um, yeah, well. Ignore all that crap I said...except the part about emptying your wallet. And Junior, that better be kool-aid. Don't make me come over there, young man.

#37 2009-07-23 9:36 PM

SnowMan47
Website

Hind Tit wrote:

Um, yeah, well. Ignore all that crap I said...except the part about emptying your wallet. And Junior, that better be kool-aid. Don't make me come over there, young man.

Ya cuz they make white russian flavored Kool-aid

All the dude ever wanted was his rug back...

#38 2009-07-23 9:42 PM

Matt

Did I say something wrong?

#39 2009-07-23 10:45 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Matt wrote:

I've been riding 7 years. This is my 3rd bike. My second crash. I've put on a total of about 50,000 miles on bikes. Most of those miles were twisties. I love twisties. I take them often. I've had 3 rides with mileage guy and never had a huge problem keeping up.

This was totally an idiotic crash. I didn't even realize it till later in the day that......"WOW........Now that I think of it I was on the rear fuckin brake and THAT'S why my ass end was sliding around. And that was the main reason for the crash. I knew in my head when it was happening that I need to let off the brake and just lean into it as best as I can. But for some reason whether it was because of the shock of disbeleif of what I was dredding to happen.........or what.........I just stayed on the damn brakes and I don't know why. I've come into corners plenty of times TOO HOT and corrected it with no issues. I think part of what might have freaked me out other than knowing I was coming into the corner too hot was the fact that there was some sand on the road.........and I was a little afraid of actually saying "FUCK IT" and leaning the bike over cause I knew then that I would crash. Where as if I just hammered on the front and rear brake I might beable to stop before going into the ditch.

It was like a complete noob, airhead, retarded thing I did.

But I'm not going to sweat it. I'm not going to be pissed off or have a bad attitude about it.

I fucked up and that's that. Live and learn.

I'll get the bike fixed and be back in the saddle in no time.

I'm thankful for my health, my gear, and for good people as yourselfs who don't leave a fallen man behind.

The fact that the bike is mechanically excellent is just a big bonus.

That's the attitude to have. smile It take's a lot to say "I fucked up" but until you can you will never get better so bravo to you. Unfortunately or fortunately (I'm not quite sure) I haven't had the pleasure of the target fixation crash or in too hot crash I've only had the "Hmm that feels like the rear is sliding, Umm now that feels like the rear catching, then dun duh duh duh super man.... well we all know what happens after that. lol But even then it took me a while to admit that it wasn't the bike, it wasn't the tires, it was the dumb ass connected to the controls that fucked up but after I got that all cleared up me, myself and my good friend crash things got much better. So your already ahead of the game and it's great to see that you have a good attitude towards it all cause in my opinion that is the sign of a die hard rider or a fuckin nut, like me! Well enough with my late night semi drunk posting glad your alright and I can definitely say that bike's are easier to fix and cheaper then broken bones and hospital bills. Hope to see you out again soon and if you want any help getting it back together feel free to give a shout.

Last edited by crash06 (2009-07-23 10:47 PM)

#40 2009-07-24 6:15 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Matt wrote:

No dude. I don't think people who have been riding a sportbike for 3 years (ME) should be dispensing advice to someone who's been riding longer (EVERYONE ELSE). I only thought about asking how long you've been riding half way through emptying my head. Just so you know I meant no harm. smile

Hey, uh, can you tell me what car you're going to be in so I can wave to that? big_smile

And I'd be happy to help put the pieces back together too, except I'm really only good at fetching tools. And then there's the Cunjabba Reef. You don't need a torque wrench when I'm around.

In other news, I'm wondering if Champ found assless chaps last night....

Last edited by Hind Tit (2009-07-24 6:19 AM)

#41 2009-07-24 10:46 AM

practicecrasher
Paid Member

Matt wrote:

You can NEVER say anything wrong in this forum...IMPO

Life is all butterflies n rainbows!

I don't want to be faster than you...I want to be faster than me

#42 2009-07-24 11:13 AM

Matt

Thank's alot for the comments crash. Even if you are drunk. big_smile I should have done that last night myself. As the day wen't on however my left leg (below the knee) was getting more and more sore. So I layed in bed with a heating pad around my leg. Just the muscle is sore from the impact I'm sure.

Hindtit, It's all good. I just thought I might have said something wrong because of when you said......."Um, yeah, well."

I thought I offended you or something. But you didn't say anything wrong. Throw out all the advice/comments/whatever you wan't. I appreciate everyomnes feedback.

And I'm glad that me coming through a cloud of dust with my arms in the air was able to make you chuckle.......if only for a second. You definately lightened the mood with that comment.

I hate being pissed.............and sure as hell don't want others feeling bad or down about the whole deal. Id rather just laugh about it and move on. So thank you.

#43 2009-07-24 11:31 AM

crash06
Paid Member

No no no just semi drunk. lol

Oh and if I remember right heat is good but if there is swelling ice is better. Heat can actually make it worse.

Last edited by crash06 (2009-07-24 11:38 AM)

#44 2009-07-24 11:45 AM

Matt

No swelling.....no bruising. just sore muscle.

Otherwise yeah I would have definately used ice. wink

Board footer