#1 2009-09-01 12:36 AM

crash06
Paid Member

Anyone up for a long one this week?

I start my new job this Friday and I'm planning on taking a good long ride one day this week and was just curious if anyone would like to tag along? I'm not sure where yet but I thinking for sure south not quite sure how far but I would venture to say at least La Crosse but maybe as far as
Potosi which is ruffly 200 miles one way but I'm up for suggestions on nice roads and places to go. As always anyone is welcome but I will say that I'm planning on carrying a pretty decent pace but as always no one will be left behind.

I may be jumping the gun a little bit but its getting cold at night (we all know what that means) and I for one have not done nearly enough riding this year so I'm going to try to make up for a lot of it in one day. big_smile

As far as what day or time I'm flexible so if anyone is interested post up what will work for you.

Also anyone that has route suggestions please post them up.

Last edited by crash06 (2009-09-01 12:40 AM)

#2 2009-09-01 12:11 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Re: Anyone up for a long one this week?

New rear skin will be here tomorrow.  I'm off Thursday.  There's still life in the current skin, but a 400 mile day would most assuredly leave me with cords.  What to do, what to do?

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride could do.

#3 2009-09-01 1:56 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Thursday works for me if it works for you. smile

#4 2009-09-01 2:42 PM

practicecrasher
Paid Member

12xCHAMP&COUNTING wrote:

New rear skin will be here tomorrow.  I'm off Thursday.  There's still life in the current skin, but a 400 mile day would most assuredly leave me with cords.  What to do, what to do?

If u don't mind doing 2 tire changes...I have a rear u could use.

Life is all butterflies n rainbows!

I don't want to be faster than you...I want to be faster than me

#5 2009-09-01 5:34 PM

crash06
Paid Member

I don't understand, do you want to use the rest of the old one up first or do you just need someone to mount it when you get it? I just got my race tires today so if you need to get yours mounted maybe we can do what we did last time.

This time I'll bring the beer. big_smile

Last edited by crash06 (2009-09-01 5:57 PM)

#6 2009-09-01 5:46 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

I just want a long one.... :shlick:

Last edited by Hind Tit (2009-09-01 5:46 PM)

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#7 2009-09-01 6:14 PM

Matt

I might be up for riding if you guys don't mind?

I promise I won't crash this time. wink

Last edited by Matt (2009-09-01 6:15 PM)

#8 2009-09-01 6:27 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Matt wrote:

Absolutely. smile

#9 2009-09-01 7:21 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

crash06 wrote:

I don't understand, do you want to use the rest of the old one up first or do you just need someone to mount it when you get it? I just got my race tires today so if you need to get yours mounted maybe we can do what we did last time.

This time I'll bring the beer. big_smile

Thus, my dilemma.  I thought this tire was toast a month ago, but it keeps hanging in there.  I hate to toss a tire with miles left on it, but have a lot of riding planned in the next week and can't imagine it'll make it.

Talk Fish into a late night of 3 tires and 6 Stout tomorrow night and I'm in.

As a matter of fact, you should join Fish, PC and I at Lowes Creek tomorrow at 6 and then we can make the trek to the Fish abode.  This is all assuming Fish will have us, of course.

#10 2009-09-01 7:25 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Matt wrote:

Not a superstitious man, I gather.

BTW, NOT IT!!

Crash, it's your ride.  Guess who gets to choose the route and lead.  Here's an idea, if you're looking.

http://www.mnsportbikeriders.com/forums … 5115&st=15

or

http://www.mnsportbikeriders.com/forums … 6138&st=15

#11 2009-09-01 8:40 PM

Badfish

You guys are welcome to bring tires out tomorrow...

As long as Crash gets his ass out to Lowes Creek with us! wink

Which reminds me, I think I saw Prissels car parked in close proximity to my employer. Tomorrow, he get's a little note under his windshield wiper.

#12 2009-09-01 10:49 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Yeah I was planning on coming out a week or two ago after you called me but me and the bike had a little disagreement and well lets just say the cheapo walmart bike rims weren't made for a 220 pound guy jumping off or staircases and curbs but I will go put a hammer to it now and see if I can't get it so it doesn't hang up the brakes.  So I will update on that tomorrow.

Update bike is in reasonable condition so I will join you all tomorrow at 6 but if I die from trauma or exhaustion I expect to at least be buried and have a few nice words said.

I think I have a decent route planed based on the links you provided me and some familar roads on the way down and back. All in all it looks to be about 350 to 400 miles. If that sounds reasonable let me know so I can print it out otherwise we can shorten it up or make it longer. Also does stopping for a decent lunch sound appealing or do you want to gas station it? Just curious so I can figure it out time line wise and where to stop.

12xCHAMP&COUNTING wrote:

Not a superstitious man, I gather.

BTW, NOT IT!!

Crash, it's your ride.  Guess who gets to choose the route and lead.  Here's an idea, if you're looking.

I can only see this going two ways, slow or painful.

I will try to pick part of the route with roads I know so that at least some of it will be well a sprited ride maybe even touch a puck or two. wink but I'm still working on trying to carry a good pace on roads I don't know and I don't want to bin it two weeks before my track day but I will do my best to keep you entertained and speaking of which you might not want to follow too close. lol

Last edited by crash06 (2009-09-02 1:12 AM)

#13 2009-09-02 8:09 AM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Sounds like I need to make a list:

1)  Bullet cam
2)  Cam mount
3)  Brush guard

The distance is fine with me.  Real lunch or gas station; either is fine.  I tend to not eat a huge meal because it makes me sluggish.

#14 2009-09-02 6:31 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

#15 2009-09-02 11:37 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Been there that's why I thought of it. smile

Anyway meeting at shanghi at 9:00Am leaving shortly after. Matt if you get this a little late and want to still come along give me a call 715-225-3315.

#16 2009-09-03 4:05 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Awesome ride, The quick rundown 7 hours 357.7 miles 15 to 20 of it straight gravel not small gravel fist size gravel, one road where the posted corner speed is the ACTUAL corner speed, Three corners that we ended up on the wrong side of the road, one blind hilltop that turned straight to gravel "luckily there was a driveway straight ahead" 2 chickens 2 dogs and one mid corner bump that I saw champs rear wheel leave the ground at full lean.

I think that about sums it up.... Oh I forgot something, FUCKING AWESOME that should do it. big_smile

Thanks for coming Champ!

Last edited by crash06 (2009-09-03 5:53 PM)

#17 2009-09-03 7:56 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

One of my favorite rides of all time. 

True story. 

Splittin' chickens. 

Lucky as hell 3 times. 

Passing the grater on the right, through what turned out to be deep, soft dirt and getting sucked into the ditch. 

Dump truck using 3/4 of our lane mid-corner.  Barely got the finger up quick enough. :flipoff:

Gravel the size of bowling balls.  3 words for you.  Rock crusher.

Sometimes "Road Work Ahead"  means gravel at the crest of this very hill.

#18 2009-09-03 8:13 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

crash, I, uh...put a few words down on paper, you know in case you didn't come back out of the woods yesterday. I'm glad you DID, of course, but I thought maybe you'd like to read the nice things I was going to say over you...

"O God, ease our suffering in this, our moment of great dispair. Yea, admit this kind and decent man into thy arms of thine heavenly area, up there. And Moab, he lay us upon the band of the Canaanites, and yea, though the Hindus speak of karma, I implore you: give him a break."

#19 2009-09-03 8:31 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Thanks for the kind words Hind. smile

I think Champ may have found a new calling in the off road riding realm. Seriously saw him no shit taking a few of the gravel corners at twice the posted speed. Champ your an animal!!

Yeah got the email about working tomorrow when I got home and of course what will we be doing tomorrow... Unloading 3 semi's full of appliances. I'm not sure if I will be able to walk by the end of the day tomorrow. sad But I will try to make it Monday again if you guys are going again.

Oh yeah and we have no loading dock at my work so its gonna be all by ramp. :banghead:

#20 2009-09-04 3:55 AM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

That kind of courage and confidence comes from knowing your bike won't look any worse if you go down again.

You haven't even started working again after a 6 month layoff and you're already whining about it.   Hot Karl is lucky to have you. big_smile

I'm in for a Monday ride.  Since it's Labor Day, I'd be up for an A.M. ride, but really any time would work for me.

#21 2009-09-04 6:20 AM

crash06
Paid Member

Unless they forgot that its Labor day they said that we have to work Monday. But I'll find out today and let you no.

#22 2009-09-04 5:04 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Yep gotta work Monday so no ride for me but I would really like to do another one like that this year before it gets cold but I'm not sure when I will have the time.

#23 2009-09-06 10:42 AM

josh

I might be up for a ride monday,if anyone is going what time would it be?

Board footer