#1 2010-04-28 9:19 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Brake bleeding

I'm having a hell of a time with the rear brake on the Aprilia.  I changed the fluid over the weekend and have been struggling to get the rear working properly.  I've got a vacuum and had no problems with the front or putting new lines on the GSXR. 

The rear of the Aprilia went from weak to slightly stronger.  Now there's nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  I've bled, then re-bled, then bled some more.  Last night I probably pulled the fluid through the lines 3 times and it's worse than ever.  I never let the fluid level get low enough that it'd suck air into the line. 

Does anyone know what issue might be? 

You should also know that they worked fine before the fluid swap.  If it's just air in the line, how the fuck do I get it out?

What gives?

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride could do.

#2 2010-04-28 9:47 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Re: Brake bleeding

Does it have a bleeder on the Master cylinder? If not have you tried pumping it up and cracking the banjo at the MC loose? That's what I had to do on my R1 cause I got air in the MC when I changed the lines and the only way I know to get air out of there is to bleed the MC itself.

#3 2010-04-28 9:50 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

No bleeder on the master on the rear.  I'll give cracking the banjo a try.

#4 2010-05-01 10:49 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Nothing was working, so I ended up pulling the master apart.  Nothing seemed to be fucked up, not that'd I'd have known if it was.  I put it back together, bled the lines and nothing.  It turns out that the adjustment for the pedal itself was messed up.  I think the plunger ended up in cock-eyed (tee hee) at some point.

Long story longer, we've back brakes, baby.

Board footer