#1 2007-04-07 8:35 AM

Smak27

Mentoring

8xChamp, Will you be offering any on track one-on-one instruction at B.H.F. so that others may learn your lines and techniques?  In the past, I've had problems with the entrance to Turn 3, but more importantly, I would really like to learn how to dump like a real pro in 1.  Any instruction in this area would help.

San Quentin Fryers

#2 2007-04-07 9:12 AM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Re: Mentoring

First, I will do anything I can to make your crashes more spectacular, you know that.  Including, but not limited to karate chopping your brake lever at an opportune moment. 

Second, someone must explain to me these "lines" I hear everyone talking about.  As for my technique, I can only say take all good judgement and reason and leave it in the E.C.  They will only serve to slow you down.

As for turn 1 hints, you may want to talk to Rand.  However, should you have any questions regarding the topography in 7, I'm your man.  As I recall, you have a little knowledge to share regarding the flora beyond turn 1.  Correct me if I'm wrong...now that's funny....me....wrong.

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride could do.

#3 2007-04-07 4:07 PM

Smak27

Thanx for the encouragement.  It's good to know that you will be there to chop block and check up every chance you get.  Us mortals see you take "lines", but is obvious you must be in a zen state when you are cutting laps if you don't recognize the same path. 

Ahhhh yeezss, I have trimmed a few hedges in 1, but that was on the qwacker.

By the way, when you were a young lad, who was your trackside mentor?

San Quentin Fryers

#4 2007-04-07 5:38 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Buck up 'lil camper.  One day you'll be able to sit at the grown-up table too.

As for my mentor, I once saw Chuck Norris triple-draft past Jack Bauer, Superman and Kevin Schwantz to capture the top podium postion.  So, I guess if I had to pick one, it'd be Mr. Norris. 

I think I forgot to mention that Chuck was on foot.

Hey, that "when you were a young lad" comment wasn't a sideways shot at me being only SLIGHTLY older than our average club member, was it?

#5 2007-04-09 4:00 PM

Smak27

Slighty older??? nawh. from the looks of the meeting, we should call you "elder 8x champ" or maybe "papa champ?"     Did Chuck N. teach you your Karate Chop moves?

San Quentin Fryers

#6 2007-04-09 4:20 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Be careful there Smak!!  I was observing others at the meeting as well.  When I looked really closely at you, I'm sure I could see your testi, I mean tentacles.  Nice attempt to hide them, but someone as "experienced" as I am has no problem spotting them.

One more thing.  It's Mr. Norris to you.  I know for a fact He watches this site and I'd hate to see what would happen if he felt he was being disresected.  I just don't want anything to happen to you before I can get you on the track.

#7 2007-04-09 5:17 PM

Turd Furgesson
Website

Good to see you properly capitalized "He" when referring to Mr. Norris, but what's "disresect"?
-Turd

Last edited by Turd Furgesson (2007-04-09 6:21 PM)

I love the smell of strontium-90 in the morning. Smells like...*brief lifespan

#8 2007-04-09 5:43 PM

Smak27

Who would win in a grudge match 5 lap moonlight shootout at R/A between Mr. Chuck Norris, Steve McQueen, Ted "motorcity madman" Nugent and Lemmy Motorhead?  Assuming equal bikes etc.?

Last edited by Smak27 (2007-04-09 5:48 PM)

San Quentin Fryers

#9 2007-04-09 6:10 PM

Skrawny

Jack Bauer trumps all

Fuckin liberals

#10 2007-04-09 6:19 PM

Turd Furgesson
Website

It's actually Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead and the huge cocoa-puffs on his face create too much drag for good back staight speed to be competative. Being this is Champs Corner, I think only The Champ should answer here.
-Turd

#11 2007-04-09 6:20 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

What's capitolized?

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#12 2007-04-09 6:21 PM

Turd Furgesson
Website

Lol, you caught that. Bonus point for you.
-Turd

#13 2007-04-09 8:03 PM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Disresect....sorry about that.  It's a bit embarrassing.  Of course, I meant disrespect....OUCH.  I've been having trouble with my p so I try to avoid it.  Slight burning.  Very uncomfortable.

As for the RA shootout, I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who has contemplated this match-up.  I've been mulling this over for years.  Here's what I've come up with. 

1.  McQueen would spend too much time trying to find fences to jump in the infield to be competitive. 
2.  Nugent wouldn't be able to focus for five laps with all of the wooded areas lining the track.  My guess is he would end up climbing a tree somewhere in the vicinity of Canada Corner in search of prey completing eliminating himself from the running.
3.  Lemmy, despite the cocoa-puffs on his face (by the way, Turd, perfect description) would be the only one to challenge Mr. Norris.  You just never know what to expect from an anarchist.

That's it, that's all, I'm done!!

Board footer