#1 2008-09-21 7:48 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Overnighter...looking for riding company....

What: Trip to Leclaire, IA.
When: ASAP before the weather turns
How long: Sat/Sun?...more if consensus is for more days or different days...I have vacation days left.
Route: Working on it...as many fun roads as possible. I welcome input from the more knowledgeable of members. Everyone will have a copy so it's not like you have to follow slow-ass me.
Itinerary: None. Eat when we're hungry, stop when we're tired, sleep where we find vacancy. Depart whenever from both places.

I'm intending this to be a laid-back, do what we please kind of ride.

Purpose: Hoping to drop in on a good friend (whom I've lost touch with) in Leclaire unexpectedly. May or may not still live in the same place. Either way, it's a ride.

Weather is looking good for this coming weekend...of course, that's five days away and the weather is like the Nam...no rules.

Post up with the intention of going...we'll work on schedule once I know who's in. If nobody goes, I don't go. ...not quite ready to do the solo run myself.

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#2 2008-09-21 8:16 PM

aaron
Internets Guy
Website

Re: Overnighter...looking for riding company....

There are paved roads in Iowa other than I-35?

#3 2008-09-24 6:29 PM

paulc
Administrator

Miss Tit, (it's o.k. to call you that, right?)

This sounds like an excellent idea, but maybe it would be better to wait until next riding season to do this.
I mean, it looks like a great ride and we could definitely put together a great route down and back, but the weather is a tad iffy this time of year and the sun sets pretty early, so your riding time would be limited each day.

If we did this in June or August I think you'd have a better chance having people commit to going. I would want to go for sure!

Another thing we could do is contact Rocket Girl and Nooky as they ride into Iowa fairly often and seem pretty familiar with the area. They could maybe suggest some good roads or accompany us if they wanted.

Also, Badfish mentioned that the National Motorcycle Museum is close by in Anamosa (about 40 miles west of LeClaire) with an excellent collection of vintage motorcycles. This sounds like an interesting stop to me if anyone else was up for it. And since Badfish brought it up, he'd definitely have go.

Anyway, that's my thoughts. Looks like I have crap going on the next couple Saturdays so I'm not going to be able to do this. It does sound like a fun ride and if you don't do this now maybe we could put something together on this some other time.

#4 2008-09-24 7:24 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Miss Tit...I guess I had that coming...

Ride - Sounds good. It was a brief wild hair... Work is ramping up anyway... sad If I do decide to go before next year, it'll be on impulse anyway. Say, for instance, a 30 mile bicycle ride. wink

Last edited by Hind Tit (2008-09-24 7:26 PM)

#5 2008-10-06 4:10 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Think those of you who are interested would have an issue with Memorial Day weekend? I absolutely despise when somebody plans a wedding in the middle of a three-day holiday, so I don't wanna be that person. Though, three days of me motorcycling is SO better than somebody else's big day (read: all about ME). smile

If the consensus is against Memorial Day, maybe there wouldn't be an issue with taking a vacation day or maybe two to extend a weekend, and therefore make a road trip more leisurely (or longer)? Just think about it while you're bundled up for the next 6 or 7 months...it might keep you alive through the tough times. Though I'll be stocking the fridge with Beamish to lubricate my temporarily blackened soul. wink

Last edited by Hind Tit (2008-10-06 4:10 AM)

#6 2008-10-07 6:55 PM

paulc
Administrator

Long time away, but it sounds like a plan.

Board footer