#1 2010-04-04 8:53 PM

Matt

Running from the cops is bad, M'Kay!

So it's only the beginning of April and we've already had 2 moto/popo chases. The one chase happened last Thursday night and I saw it with my own eyes. Heard sirens galore, looked out my patio window which looks out onto clairemont, I see headlights speeding down clairemont and realize it's a sport bike, then see 6 police cars trailing about 3 blocks back and accoring to WEAU they still haven't caught him.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/89801162.html

Now granted I'm not perfect, I've had my fair share of run ins with the law when it comes to riding, but I've always pulled over and accepted responsibility for what I did.

I've had people say to me numerous times, "Why did you stop?" with almost a look of disgust on their face, as though I was an idiot for stopping. Why do people think this way? What makes people think that because you have something that's so much faster than a squad car, it only makes sense to run? Don't people ever think of the possible consequences when doing this?

I'm sorry, but I'd much rather take a speeding ticket, or a reckless driving ticket than possibly killing myself or someone else,  or taking the chance of getting caught and being thrown to the ground like a little bitch, then hand cuffed, thrown in jail. Lose your licence, Insurance through the roof, Felony record, possible loss of job, etc etc etc. Seems to me it's much cheaper to just pull over.

Sorry for the rant. Just bored and felt like blabbering. smile

#2 2010-04-05 8:53 AM

12xCHAMP&COUNTING
Paid Member

Re: Running from the cops is bad, M'Kay!

I prefer avoidance to evasion.  If I think I'm in jeopardy, I may turn off onto a side road, but I'm not running.  I don't increase my speed/acceleration.  If the officer turns behind me with lights on, I pull over.  If he goes screaming by on the original road, I guess he's after someone else.

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride could do.

#3 2010-04-05 2:06 PM

Matt

12xCHAMP&COUNTING wrote:

I prefer avoidance to evasion.  If I think I'm in jeopardy, I may turn off onto a side road, but I'm not running.  I don't increase my speed/acceleration.  If the officer turns behind me with lights on, I pull over.  If he goes screaming by on the original road, I guess he's after someone else.

Exactly. Nothing illegal about about avoiding the police. But as you said, if they are behind me and the lights are on, even if they are a quarter mile behind me and I know they can't see my plates, doesn't matter, I'm pulling over.

#4 2010-04-05 5:35 PM

aaron
Internets Guy
Website

The one time I got pulled over it was a cop on his own motorcycle. Nobody runs from those guys, they're crazy.

#5 2010-04-05 5:47 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Ah, Spring. When an idiot's fancy turns to thoughts of motorcycling...and he's so amped up about it he does the stoopid.

"Officers say the chase reached speeds in excess of 130 miles per hour. That's when officers called off the chase." Orrrrrr...is this the point where, really, they lose him? Heh.

Matt, that same logic kept me from physically attacking an ex-boyfriend so many years ago (I'm really quite gentle now...really). Here's the question I've always said to myself prior to potential stupidity: "Now is this REALLY worth going to jail for?" Doing 90 mph in my cage last night the last hour I was on the interstate coming home from HELLinois, at 9pm, with my Mom asleep in the seat next to me, weaving through staggered traffic in both lanes? YES. smile

....though now that I think about it, she probably wasn't sleeping...might have been playing possum. You know, from the trauma.

Last edited by Hind Tit (2010-04-05 5:53 PM)

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#6 2010-04-09 9:24 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

So I just watched a bit of video on the telly news of a motorcycle chase and as the cop with the camera nearly slammed into the back of the douchebag in a curvey curve, two things crossed my mind: 1) He was SO not one of us, and 2) I am SO glad I've finally learned to at least try to get my ass off the seat, so I wouldn't look that ghey. And here's the lesson to learn when deciding you want to be THAT guy: can you outrun a radio? Might not be worth tryin what with the taser, pepper spray, and Rodney King-style beating that's coming if you fail to break the sound barrier.

/rant

#7 2010-04-10 8:59 AM

bxtrmix

this reminds me of one of my favorite COPS episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AszIJCKJCPk

Last edited by bxtrmix (2010-04-10 9:01 AM)

#8 2010-04-10 4:10 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

bxtrmix wrote:

this reminds me of one of my favorite COPS episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AszIJCKJCPk

Oh. My. God. Dumb. Ass.

#9 2010-04-12 6:30 AM

SnowMan47
Website

the N.D. cops are nice as long as your not rippin through the city, from what i hear if you're in the city burnin it up they'll bust ya, of course if you're speeding in N.D. your fine is only a dolla per mph over 

Kinda like in Road Rash

All the dude ever wanted was his rug back...

Board footer