#1 2010-04-27 12:54 PM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

Anyone know these dumbasses???

Seen this yesterday on the news...

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/91921459.html

And everyone wonders why we have a bad rep.  If they would have just kept their mouth shut and vid off the internet they wouldnt have gotten the wreckless driving.

Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!

#2 2010-04-27 3:12 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Re: Anyone know these dumbasses???

eprissel wrote:

And everyone wonders why we have a bad rep.  If they would have just kept their mouth shut and vid off the internet they wouldnt have gotten the wreckless driving.

If they would've gone out of town, if they blah blah blah. What REALLY pisses me off? That WEAU is in DIRE need of: 1) a proofreader and 2) a class discussing the difference between quoting a source and paraphrasing a source.

I'm a grammar nerd. Fuck off.

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#3 2010-04-27 7:51 PM

Matt

eprissel wrote:

I agree and disagree with you. I always do what I can to minimize the risk of putting anyone else's life and/or property in danger. This is why I leave town before I get my "Cheap Thrills" of speeding, and/or doing wheelies. But it is still against the law regardless of whether you do it in town, or out of town, and you are still going to suffer the same consequences if you get caught.

Or are you saying that because he was dumb enough to post his video on youtube, and then have himself planted on the news for it is why he is giving us a bad rep? Because if that's what you are saying then that is just silly. I agree that it was a poor decision, but how is him posting the video making the sport and what we do any less dangerous to ourselves or the public? It still happened no matter what and regardless of whether it was on youtube, everyone who saw them that day while driving their kids to school or going grocery shopping, is still going to have the same opinion about us no matter what.

With that said, what made me laugh most about the video is that, the City of Lake Hallie has decided put more officers out on the roads to watch for things like this. I would like to ask the Chief himself how he thinks that, by adding more officers to the force to patrol the area is going to greatly reduce the risk of public safety? People will just go else where to do what they do. Granted, his job is too worry about Hallie and Hallie alone, I understand, but did they ever think about building a track for us who enjoy the sport? This goes on to my next rant.

Why is it that they cannot build a track for us? Anyone here that wants to do a track day has to travel what, 5 hours away MINIMUM? There are a lot of people who either can't afford it, or would rather not travel 5 hours just to do a track day, then drive all the way home. Is it just because they don't care about our sport? I don't know. These are questions I would like to ask.

They have no problem throwing up Soccer fields, SKATE parks, regular city parks, bicycle trails, etc etc etc.... So with all the land we have here in Western WI, why is it that they can't take, say 100 acres at MOST to build a track and a parking lot? I mean bicyclists aren't a danger to anyone in public, neither are skateboarders or soccer players, but they will throw those up everywhere. But the one sport that is severely dangerous to public safety, they won't do something that will reduce the risk, as people will now have a place to get their thrills.

Not only would putting in a track reduce the risk to public safety, but it would also bring in revenue, unlike skateboard parks and bike trails. The City/County could do what every other City/County does that has a track. You sign a waiver, and you charge 100 to 150 dollars for a day of riding. Over a period of time the land and the track will be paid off and you will start making money. Not to mention the visitors/tourists within a 150 to 200 mile radius the track would attract. It would not only benefit the city's revenue directly, but the local businesses, i.e Gas stations, motorcycle shops, restaurants etc.... Which the city would ALSO benefit from from business taxes etc.....

I don't know, to me building a track would be a win win win. Not just for the city but for everyone.

I'm not saying that it's the city's responsibility to make us happy or that it's THEIR fault that people drive recklessly because they don't have a place for us to have fun. But let's be realistic, Sport bike riders and motorcycle riders in general are going to keep doing what they are doing, especially if they don't have a place nearby to go and have their fun. Handing out fines isn't going to stop it.

Another point, if they did build a track, they would then have a great excuse to make the laws way more strict regarding motorcyclists. Meaning, from NOW ON, if you get caught driving recklessly, you would get a 1000 dollar fine and automatic suspension of your licence. Not saying this is exactly how it should work, just saying that if their was a track, there would be no excuse to be doing this stuff on the public roads.

#4 2010-04-28 7:13 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

Matt wrote:
eprissel wrote:

I agree and disagree with you. I always do what I can to minimize the risk of putting anyone else's life and/or property in danger. This is why I leave town before I get my "Cheap Thrills" of speeding, and/or doing wheelies. But it is still against the law regardless of whether you do it in town, or out of town, and you are still going to suffer the same consequences if you get caught.

Or are you saying that because he was dumb enough to post his video on youtube, and then have himself planted on the news for it is why he is giving us a bad rep? Because if that's what you are saying then that is just silly. I agree that it was a poor decision, but how is him posting the video making the sport and what we do any less dangerous to ourselves or the public? It still happened no matter what and regardless of whether it was on youtube, everyone who saw them that day while driving their kids to school or going grocery shopping, is still going to have the same opinion about us no matter what.

With that said, what made me laugh most about the video is that, the City of Lake Hallie has decided put more officers out on the roads to watch for things like this. I would like to ask the Chief himself how he thinks that, by adding more officers to the force to patrol the area is going to greatly reduce the risk of public safety? People will just go else where to do what they do. Granted, his job is too worry about Hallie and Hallie alone, I understand, but did they ever think about building a track for us who enjoy the sport? This goes on to my next rant.

Why is it that they cannot build a track for us? Anyone here that wants to do a track day has to travel what, 5 hours away MINIMUM? There are a lot of people who either can't afford it, or would rather not travel 5 hours just to do a track day, then drive all the way home. Is it just because they don't care about our sport? I don't know. These are questions I would like to ask.

They have no problem throwing up Soccer fields, SKATE parks, regular city parks, bicycle trails, etc etc etc.... So with all the land we have here in Western WI, why is it that they can't take, say 100 acres at MOST to build a track and a parking lot? I mean bicyclists aren't a danger to anyone in public, neither are skateboarders or soccer players, but they will throw those up everywhere. But the one sport that is severely dangerous to public safety, they won't do something that will reduce the risk, as people will now have a place to get their thrills.

Not only would putting in a track reduce the risk to public safety, but it would also bring in revenue, unlike skateboard parks and bike trails. The City/County could do what every other City/County does that has a track. You sign a waiver, and you charge 100 to 150 dollars for a day of riding. Over a period of time the land and the track will be paid off and you will start making money. Not to mention the visitors/tourists within a 150 to 200 mile radius the track would attract. It would not only benefit the city's revenue directly, but the local businesses, i.e Gas stations, motorcycle shops, restaurants etc.... Which the city would ALSO benefit from from business taxes etc.....

I don't know, to me building a track would be a win win win. Not just for the city but for everyone.

I'm not saying that it's the city's responsibility to make us happy or that it's THEIR fault that people drive recklessly because they don't have a place for us to have fun. But let's be realistic, Sport bike riders and motorcycle riders in general are going to keep doing what they are doing, especially if they don't have a place nearby to go and have their fun. Handing out fines isn't going to stop it.

Another point, if they did build a track, they would then have a great excuse to make the laws way more strict regarding motorcyclists. Meaning, from NOW ON, if you get caught driving recklessly, you would get a 1000 dollar fine and automatic suspension of your licence. Not saying this is exactly how it should work, just saying that if their was a track, there would be no excuse to be doing this stuff on the public roads.

I like your thinking, but the realization is there will always be idiots out there.

Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!

#5 2010-04-28 9:37 AM

Matt

Oh without a doubt and I agree with you. Regardless of whether they were to put in a track or not, people are always going to break the traffic laws. But the track would at least reduce the risk, as "RESPONSIBLE" people would take their games to the track. But handing out fines isn't reducing the risk AT ALL. At least in my opinion.

So, even if building a track takes only 50% of sport bike riders off the streets,and to the track to have their fun, wouldn't it be worth it? I think it would be. I mean after all, you can't put a price on the publics safety correct? Even saving one life would be worth the money it takes to build the track. wink

The other 50% who still enjoy doing it on the streets can suffer the HUGE fine and suspension of their licence. smile

I am seriously thinking about writing a letter to get my point across. You know, to the HIGHER UPS. I am sure it will get tossed in the trash but, it can't hurt to try right? And if I don't get a response at all, I will be a stubborn prick about it, kind of like Andy Dufresne in Shawshank Redemption where he writes letters over and over and over and over again trying to get funds for new books in the prison library.

#6 2010-04-28 10:47 AM

practicecrasher
Paid Member

#1..RESPONSIBLE people don't ride like A-holes.
#2...8 people can't support the GARGANTUAN costs of a racetrack.
#3..E only rides on Water St, therefore...we ALL give E a bad name.
#4...the bad name is made...CAN we change it?

Life is all butterflies n rainbows!

I don't want to be faster than you...I want to be faster than me

#7 2010-04-28 11:25 AM

Matt

practicecrasher wrote:

1.Define responsible? I've ridden with a lot of you guys, some I've seen do wheelies on the highway while out riding. Is that irresponsible? How about taking 35 mph corners at double the speed or more? Is that irresponsible?

We're all irresponsible with our bikes. Who are you to say that doing 80 through Hallie is any more irresponsible than doing what you and I do?

2.8 people can't support the cost of a racetrack? I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Please elaborate.

3. Inside joke I'm assuming. lol

4. Yeah, build a race track.

#8 2010-04-28 12:49 PM

practicecrasher
Paid Member

Matt wrote:
practicecrasher wrote:

1.Define responsible? I've ridden with a lot of you guys, some I've seen do wheelies on the highway while out riding. Is that irresponsible? How about taking 35 mph corners at double the speed or more? Is that irresponsible?

We're all irresponsible with our bikes. Who are you to say that doing 80 through Hallie is any more irresponsible than doing what you and I do?

2.8 people can't support the cost of a racetrack? I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Please elaborate.

3. Inside joke I'm assuming. lol

4. Yeah, build a race track.

1. I don't consider ANY of us to be RESPONSIBLE people...on our bikes. Not all the time anyway.
2. How much do u think a track would cost the county,state, or whoever. Not much more than the 8 of us could afford constant track days needed to support that kind of facility, insurance, ....
3. E only cruises for chics...so all of the rest of us give him a bad name.
4.I'm all for a closer track...good luck.
5. Sorry..I forgot to add my smiliesm :
)

Life is all butterflies n rainbows!

I don't want to be faster than you...I want to be faster than me

#9 2010-04-28 3:01 PM

Matt

I cruised for chicks once, when I was like 17. lol smile

As far as the cost etc...... well I'll say it again, how much did it cost to put in the 1,000 friggin miles of black top for the billion bicycle trails around here, plus all the skate parks, plus all the soccer fields, plus all the tennis courts, and on and on?

I bet with all of the other things the city has built for the publics entertainment cost WAY more than what it would cost to build ONE track. I'm not saying it has to be a state of the art track that will hold motogp races, lol. Just get a nice chunk of land and poor the fucking black top.   It doesn't have to be perfect. Just a place for us to go.

I mean look at Brainerd Minnesota for crying out loud. That city has what like, 14,000 people in it? And they can afford to build a track. I understand a track can be spendy, even a small one, but not THAT much. It's not like Eau Claire can't afford it.

I mean my taxes go towards paying for these parks and bike trails to go in, and my taxes go towards the upkeep as well. And I don't ride on these trails, or go to use these parks. And yet I still have to pay for it right? So why can't they build a track and make the tax payers pay for it? If I have to pay for shit I don't care about, why shouldn't the soccer moms and tight spandex bicyclists have to have to pay for my hobby as well? Seems fair to me.

Board footer