#1 2009-02-11 10:28 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Hel brake lines

I recently upgraded my brake's with Hel brake lines. I read many reviews and tech specs and they seem to be very high quality. The reason I posting this is for anyone looking to upgrade I found a company called CMS out of the UK that sells complete front and rear line kits with all hardware included for $100 bucks and free international shipping and from order to my door was 6 days.

Just thought it was a good deal so just passing it on.:D

http://www.cms-motorcycle-parts.com/index.asp

#2 2009-02-27 10:02 AM

eprissel
Paid Member
Website

Re: Hel brake lines

crash06 wrote:

I recently upgraded my brake's with Hel brake lines. I read many reviews and tech specs and they seem to be very high quality. The reason I posting this is for anyone looking to upgrade I found a company called CMS out of the UK that sells complete front and rear line kits with all hardware included for $100 bucks and free international shipping and from order to my door was 6 days.

Just thought it was a good deal so just passing it on.:D

http://www.cms-motorcycle-parts.com/index.asp

I am interested in these, but I am not sure what option I need.  what does "over the mudguard" mean?  The only options for my bike are the "full race" and "over the mudguard"...I dont think I need the full race setup, I just want some more stopping power.

Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!

#3 2009-02-27 4:29 PM

crash06
Paid Member

Full race just means one line to each caliper staight from the master cylinder and for my bike that was the only option cause thats how it come's stock. I would look at your bike cause I would bet that yours is the same but either way I would go full race cause is the best setup.:)

#4 2009-02-27 11:38 PM

jray

depends...the over the mudguard ones seem to go thru factory mounting points a little easier and the full race versions tend to be shorter as they are just routed straight up like on my bike...some companies do sell the "over the mudguard" setup meaning one line from the master cylinder down to the right side caliper then another line from the right caliper over the fender to the other caliper.

I have the sickness...

Gayest quote in forum history LOL
"More wiener please"----milageguy

#5 2009-02-27 11:58 PM

practicecrasher
Paid Member

Make it count and buy -2 race lines...you can come squeeze mine!

Life is all butterflies n rainbows!

I don't want to be faster than you...I want to be faster than me

#6 2009-02-28 12:05 PM

crash06
Paid Member

The hel lines are actually standard at -3 smallest brake lines on the market.:)

I installed my full race setup and fitment was perfect and went though all the stock mounting brackets and from my own mechanical point of view I would want nothing but a 2 line straight from master cylinder to each caliper to reduce any kind of possible delay or uneven braking even though if it was properly bled then you shouldn't have to worry about it but 120 I'd rather be safe then sorry. just my .02.

Last edited by crash06 (2009-02-28 12:07 PM)

Board footer