#1 2007-07-31 12:08 AM

aaron
Internets Guy
Website

So do minnesotan motorcycle riders not wave?

I had to drive to the cities today, and on the way there and within the cities I waved at everything I saw that was on two wheels, and didn't get a single wave back. What's the deal? It wasn't just on the freeways, I got nothing on side roads too. Makes me not want to wave anymore sad

And as a side note, driving through the cities at dusk on a sportbike is just plain fun. I-94 has some fun 'twisties' in it if you're going fast enough cool

#2 2007-07-31 10:38 AM

madscout636
Paid Member

Re: So do minnesotan motorcycle riders not wave?

minnesotans are of a higher breed.  duh.  this is common knowledge.

Houdini Finger.

#3 2007-07-31 10:45 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

madscout636 wrote:

minnesotans are of a higher breed.  duh.  this is common knowledge.

What....I have all my teeth.

Wait! Maybe it's all that....whadaya call it? Traffic? They're concentrating?

Last edited by MxMech (2007-07-31 1:50 PM)

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#4 2007-08-04 12:00 AM

aaron
Internets Guy
Website

Ok so apparently it's not just minnesotans, it's everyone. What the hell did I do to you people to not deserve a wave back. Even the sportbike riders aren't waving back.  From now on I'm going to wave so obnoxiously people will be forced to wave, and if not, I'm chasing them down

YOU HEAR ME IMMA COMING AFTER YOU

#5 2007-08-04 7:29 AM

Rand McNally

All you need to do is head South the farther you get away from that stupid Harley Factory the nicer and more open minded the motorcyclist become?    I have had people wave to across 8 lanes of traffic going the opposite direction in St Louis!

Vote for Pedro!

#6 2007-08-04 8:02 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

aaron wrote:

Ok so apparently it's not just minnesotans, it's everyone. What the hell did I do to you people to not deserve a wave back. Even the sportbike riders aren't waving back.  From now on I'm going to wave so obnoxiously people will be forced to wave, and if not, I'm chasing them down

YOU HEAR ME IMMA COMING AFTER YOU

If you waved at me yesterday, 1) I wasn't paying attention (changing lanes, in traffic, eating ice cream) or 2) it's because as recently as earlier this week, I've given up waving to anyone on a motorcycle because they never wave back (exception, xD675x)...and it hurts my feelings. :cry:

I myself don't see the need for an ego whether you're on a $20K bike or a $500 bike (I'm glad for anyone that they could afford whatever they wanted; I just figure you spent too much on a cycle if it's fancier than my slow-but-fun-model wink). As I perceive it, it's us (2 wheels) vs. them (4 wheels), so I'll wave at anyone on a motorcycle regardless of make or model (except scooters and trikes...I'm still on the fence with those. smile)  Of course, occasionally I'm in a car and that cancels itself out, because I'm one of "them" then, though I still watch out for my 2 wheeled comrades. Besides, waving to other riders makes people in cars who see it think we know something they don't, like the rush to be found in a twisty road, or leaving traffic behind at a light because you're 2000 pounds lighter, or very occasionally riding around town without a helmet on just to air out your ears.

<stepping down from the soapbox> Thank you, I'll be here all week. Please tip your waitresses.

What's life without a little hypocrisy?

I promise, that if I spot an all-silver sportbike, I will wave with all the vigor of a Goldwing owner. And just keep in mind, all of you, that if you don't wave back to a black Speed Four, I will be crying. It might cause me to crash. :ese:

#7 2007-08-04 8:18 PM

Rand McNally

You have to wave to those $20,000 dollar jobbers last time I knew your dad owned 2 of them.  Tommy boy used to drag the old fish tails all over town.

Vote for Pedro!

#8 2007-08-04 8:35 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Rand McNally wrote:

You have to wave to those $20,000 dollar jobbers last time I knew your dad owned 2 of them.  Tommy boy used to drag the old fish tails all over town.

I know he'd wave...even to you. wink

#9 2007-08-06 11:34 AM

Kramer
Paid Member

After a decade i've given up waving to any fish tails. Unless they wave to me 1st. the strange thing though is that they'll wave to me if i'm not wearing a helmet?? furthermore other sportbike riders will only wave back to me if I'M WEARING a helmet ??   just a sign of the times i guess.   

p.s. We still don't wave to MOpeds , Right ?!

I think, therefore, I go Fast...

#10 2007-08-06 1:23 PM

Skrawny

whats wrong with mopeds??

Fuckin liberals

#11 2007-08-06 5:33 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Kramer wrote:

After a decade i've given up waving to any fish tails. Unless they wave to me 1st. the strange thing though is that they'll wave to me if i'm not wearing a helmet?? furthermore other sportbike riders will only wave back to me if I'M WEARING a helmet ??   just a sign of the times i guess.   

p.s. We still don't wave to MOpeds , Right ?!

Important question. Kramer, are you out in that sad, Amish cowboy outfit? If so, then no wonder they're wavin'. wink

Board footer