#1 2007-06-14 6:11 AM

gumper800

Steering Stabilizer/Damper

What does everyone recommend?  GPR or SCOTTS??  And why? 
Thanks in advance.

Roses are red, pickles are green, I love your legs, and what's in between!

#2 2007-06-14 8:04 AM

madscout636
Paid Member

Re: Steering Stabilizer/Damper

i have the scotts.  it is very adjustable.  it has a high speed and low speed circuit on it(both are adjustable).  you can also adjust the angle at which it is dead and when it is working.  the only thing that kinda stunk, but i had no problem with, was that i had to drill and tap two mounting holes into my frame(2005 kawi zx-6r).  it is mounted very solid the two added mounting points.  not all bikes require drilling and tapping so i would look into that before buying one in case you aren't comfortable drilling into your frame.  i have heard that gpr's have been subject to leaking, but i have no personal experience with one.  scott has one so i bet he will post a review on his.  you can adjust it on the fly fairly easily.  the customer service @ scotts is good too.  they are completely rebuildable as well.  fit and finish is great.  that is all i can think of.  i don't have any experience with anything else so i can't really make a comparison with any other brands.  i just know that it works well and looks good. 

-chris

Houdini Finger.

#3 2007-06-15 6:27 AM

gumper800

Re: Steering Stabilizer/Damper

Thanks for the feedback boys!  Looks like I will be searching for a Scott's!!  :party:

Roses are red, pickles are green, I love your legs, and what's in between!

Board footer