#1 2008-10-26 1:22 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Caught on Tape

Thought you guys might be interested to see how well my camera and mount function. I bought the camera from thinkgeek.com. $100 gets you a hearty, fully waterproof (can use it underwater too) digital camera with a max resolution of 640x480. A 2GB (max) SD memory card (purchased separately...$14 at Best Buy) will hold about an hour's worth of footage at that max res. It runs on 2 AA batteries. The camera comes with computer/tv connection cables, a handlebar mount, a bicycle helmet mount and a number of rubber pads, a rubber strap and a couple of velcro straps. Predictably, none of these mounting options were going to play out well on my motorcycle, so I asked my dad to fabricate a sweet, sweet, tank mount which bolts into the existing bolt holes around my gas hole (yes, gas hole). Using the included handlebar mount with a rubber pad holds this baby in place and the only bouncing you see is from my suspension. It turned out to be a firm, sturdy mount that doesn't move at all.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/ca … aphy/980e/

This particular footage is not from the raw video. I'm still learning how to use my video editing software and the attached video is significantly degraded from the raw.

Anyway, here it is...caught some D.B. passing me just before a 30 mph turn. I think he's aspiring to ass-cam status.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doojeuR7hU[/youtube]

When's track day??!! big_smile

Last edited by Hind Tit (2008-10-26 1:26 PM)

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Only the ones I'm better than.

#2 2008-10-26 2:06 PM

aaron
Internets Guy
Website

Re: Caught on Tape

Which piece of video editing software are you using?

#3 2008-10-26 2:41 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Teh suck. Free kind. Windows Shitty Movie Maker. I thought I had saved the clip out as a high quality large...but there's a ton of different settings to choose from (clueless) and they end up being WMV files...which blows. First time I've worked with it and was in a hurry... So if you've got other software suggestions that are less Microsoft-biased and don't require a home equity loan to purchase (cuz I'd need to buy a home first), I'm all ears.

#4 2008-10-26 2:45 PM

aaron
Internets Guy
Website

I'd recommend Sony Vegas. It's not too advanced like Premier to be annoying, and not too simple. Has a ton of features. You can grab a trial version on their website to give it a try, and then message me if you like it about getting a full copy.

#5 2008-10-27 7:20 AM

Wood
Website

thats cool.

I too am interested in video editing software smile

I think I recognize that dude that passed you, theres only one ass that looks like that!

Last edited by Wood (2008-10-27 7:23 AM)

I'll make you famous!

#6 2008-10-27 7:52 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

I have to admit, as much as I've seen that ass this summer, it's not the worst one to look at. I'm thinking about carrying around white shoe polish so I can write motivational things on it to encourage me to push myself, such as "U R Teh SUCK" and "Get some, Hind Tit". And a bullseye.

Unfortunately, I'll also need to order a stronger contact lens prescription in order to see it.

And lastly...to manipulate a movie quote for my own evil purpose, "Wood's got gay! Wood's got gay! Voodoo One, Wood's got gay!"

Last edited by Hind Tit (2008-10-27 8:05 AM)

#7 2008-10-27 8:19 AM

Badfish

I would suggest learning from others mistakes and adjust  the mount upwards. Including the speedometer in the frame is...'distracting'?

#8 2008-10-27 8:22 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

But that's why I included it? I never look at it when I'm riding...explain, please.

Last edited by Hind Tit (2008-10-27 8:23 AM)

#9 2008-10-27 8:26 AM

Badfish

Your identity can be obtained from an IP address, no? This (as well as YouTube) are public domains. Your speedometer shows XX MPH. I wonder how fast the guy that passed you was going...

Last edited by Badfish (2008-10-27 8:26 AM)

#10 2008-10-27 8:33 AM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

I understand now. I thought you were coming from a riding perspective or something.

I'll let this one go. I doubt there's any way the ass-cam wannabe would get pinched. If I get it, well...I guess that'll be a lesson learned. Thanks for the reminder. smile

Btw, your inbox is full.

#11 2008-10-27 10:24 AM

Wood
Website

screw it, show us how fast your going!

I'll make you famous!

#12 2008-12-01 7:37 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Hey all, I've tried out Aaron's suggestion and used Sony Vegas to edit video. Much more professional than Windows Movie Maker but not that much more difficult to operate.

In the spirit of shameless self-promotion, this link will take you to my blog and a post I put up about one of our late-year rides. I wanted my family members and friends outside of the club to know why I'm in love, and thought the best way to show them was 95. smile

http://kujspipeline.blogspot.com/2008/1 … whiff.html

Last edited by Hind Tit (2008-12-01 7:37 PM)

#13 2008-12-01 10:08 PM

paulc
Administrator

Nice video, D!

I believe we were in "tour" mode by this point because of numerous moments of head shaking stupidity by the lead individual. (I'm sticking to my excuse of badly worn tires, cold air temp. combined with an inner ear infection compounded by a general lack of focus... oh, and maybe a small stroke).

This section looks good though. It almost makes it look like we know what we're doing. Of course we all know better than that!

Great last ride of the year (for me anyway)! I look forward to seeing all the good stuff you capture next year with this setup.

#14 2008-12-01 11:53 PM

Hind Tit
Paid Member
Website

Thanks. smile Can't wait for track days. Talked to the mount fabricatin' man and it'll be possible (so he says) to make an extra part for 5 hole tanks (the tiki's a sixer). That way we can mount the camera on different bikes, quick and easy.

Board footer